Parallel query question

From: popeye <anon_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:48:38 -0000

Hi,

I've been messing about using parallel query to scan a 1 million+ row table. According to the Oracle Server 7.3 reference manual, the view V$PQ_TQSTAT has a column NUM_ROWS, which is supposed to be the number of rows processed by each query server, but when I query this view after scanning my table with 5 server processes, the values in here for each process are very small, with the query co-ordinator totalling about 20+ rows. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

PS - O/S is Solaris 2.6, with Oracle server 7.3.4. Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 07:48:38 CST