Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 and Legato Storage Manager...not on CD-ROMs ?

From: Richard Lloyd <rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:56:45 GMT

Simple enough question this:

In our CD-ROMs for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 (HP-UX 10.20/11.0 in case you're wondering), Legato Storage Manager doesn't appear to be on the CD-ROMs.

In fact the Oracle installer incorrectly claims "You already have Legato Storage Manager installed", but tracking down the problem proves that the script to install it has had its permissions removed from the CD-ROM and the lsm tree on the CD-ROM doesn't have the product on it !

So whatever happen to the Legato Storage Manager with the Oracle CD-ROMs ? Was it withdrawn and now treated as a separate optional product ? A shame really, because without it, there's no "convenient" way to back up your Oracle database (I'm sure every site that doesn't have LSM has to write their own custom backup scripts time and time again...) !!

Richard K. Lloyd,         E-mail: rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk
Computer Science Dept.,      WWW: http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~rkl/

Liverpool University,
Merseyside, England,
Great Britain. Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 05:56:45 CST