Help for PO8 Novice

From: Jerry <jcman_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 30 Oct 1998 11:21:49 GMT

I am trying to create a database using Personal ORACLE 8 using Win/95 and am running into a problem (I am new at this as you can guess). I run the password utility (orapwd80) and update the ORACLE_SID in the registry. When I try to CONNECT INTERNAL or CONNECT INTERNAL AS SYSDBA I am OK. But when I try to STARTUP NOMOUNT before running the CREATE DATABASE command I get an insufficient privileges ORA-01031 error.

Any ideas on what step(s) I've missed?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help. Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 05:21:49 CST