How to restart database with corrupted datafile and recover it?

From: hdrcms <hdrcms_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:55:56 +0800

A Oracle v7.0 server installed on Novell Netware platform.

The database was down while updating one of the table. There is no backup. It was found that the datafile of one of the index is corrupted. We can only start the SQLDBA and connect internal but cannot 'startup'. The database cannot be started.

How can I start it or what should I do to recover the datafile? Or is there any means to drop the index before startup?

Rgds Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 04:55:56 CST