Re: Install hangs on hp-ux 10.20

From: Horace Chow <horacecw_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:11:05 +0800

Nick,

    Try to look at the alert.log file to get more information :

  1. execute 'svrmgrl'
  2. submit 'connect internal'
  3. execute 'show parameter dest'

    you can find the 'bdump' destination. Look at the file alert$ORACLE_SID.log and you may know more about the cause of your problem. As an initial guess, I think you've turned on the archivelog mode and the archivelog filesystem is full. Another reason may be the $ORACLE_HOME is 100% full. Check it and let me know whether it can help you to solve your problem.

Horace Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 04:11:05 CST