PL/SQL and Data Types

From: Ken Ankele <ankele_at_flash.net>
Date: 1998/10/29

I have a stored procedure which takes as input a value for each column of a table and merely inserts the data into the table. One of my table columns is defined as NUMBER. The corresponding input parameter in the stored procedure is defined as INTEGER. I tried to pass a FLOAT value into the stored procedure and got not errors. The record was successfully inserted into the table. Is this correct behavior, or am I missing something.

Thanks,

Ken Ankele
ankele_at_flash.net Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST