Scheduling job at database startup. How?

From: Dana Stockler <dana.stockler_at_iname.com>
Date: 29 Oct 1998 16:32:20 GMT

I'm running Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.

I've built a stored procedure to pin some packages in memory. It is basically a wrapper around the DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP procedure.

Is there any way to schedule a database job to run my procedure just after the database starts? If there is I don't see it.

I can schedule a job to be run every hour, for instance, and this would pin my packages within an hour of a database start, but this doesn't seem very elegant. Any way to do it just once, right after the database starts?

TIA,
Dana Stockler Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 10:32:20 CST