Re: ODBC Null Values ...

From: <formula_fo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:21:48 GMT

Maybe related to a problem we've just discovered:

If VARCHAR2 variable "text" contains only spaces, PL/SQL statement RTRIM(text) should return NULL. In ORACLE 7.3.3 we get rubbish, i.e. "IF RTRIM(text) IS NULL " will return FALSE. According to ORACLE Support Norway this is bug #414449. They say that there exist no fix for it and suggest that we work around it by concatenating an empty string to the RTRIM expression.
Problem is solved in ORACLE 8.0.5.
Bug occurred first time in ORACLE 7.3.3.

Erik