Re: sga size

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:46:08 GMT

Winnie,

  I guess you meant v$sgastat. But you wrote v$sqlarea, it might be a typo.

SQL> desc sys.v_$sgastat

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 POOL                                     VARCHAR2(11)
 NAME                                     VARCHAR2(26)
 BYTES                                    NUMBER

SQL> select * from v$sgastat;

POOL        NAME                           BYTES
----------- -------------------------- ---------
            fixed_sga                      45584
            db_block_buffers              409600
            log_buffer                    524288
shared pool free memory                  1806216
shared pool miscellaneous                 127060
shared pool network connections            16700
shared pool fixed allocation callback        256
shared pool PLS non-lib hp                  2096
shared pool db_block_buffers               41600
shared pool kcb where/why stats array      10656
shared pool latch nowait fails or sle      12048
shared pool branches                       16080
shared pool db_handles                     21000
shared pool node map                       16384
shared pool KGFF heap                       3192
shared pool transaction_branches           11776
shared pool SYSTEM PARAMETERS              42208
shared pool transactions                   57024
shared pool ktlbk state objects            28248
shared pool file # translation table       32812
shared pool Checkpoint queue               20500
shared pool PL/SQL DIANA                  224660
shared pool KGK heap                        9364
shared pool enqueue_locks                 105312
shared pool table columns                  15360
shared pool dictionary cache              174284
shared pool db_files                      251940
shared pool KQLS heap                     133024
shared pool character set memory           28220
shared pool enqueue_resources              20448
shared pool library cache                 355296
shared pool dlo fib struct                 20500
shared pool sql area                      573876
shared pool processes                      40200
shared pool sessions                      127920
shared pool PL/SQL MPCODE                  23792
shared pool event statistics per sess      97920
shared pool DML locks                      30624
shared pool state objects                  13072
shared pool LRMPD SGA Table                17472

40 rows selected.

SQL> Just a clarification,

HTH,
Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA