Re: Need advice on Some Servers for Oracle7/8

From: <degga_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:11:34 GMT

In article <909421154.125.0.nnrp-11.c2de712e_at_news.demon.co.uk>, Hello.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Personnaly, after reading lots of newsgroup articles, I would take Dec Alpha 4xCPUs , 64 bits, if the unix adiministrators here were not solaris/NT only ! :( The problem with NT boxes with 4 cpus, is that they get too expensive for what they are worth ! (unlike the difference in price between 2Xcpu NT and 2Xcpu solaris). anyway, thanks again.

Riad

rder", etc.