Login problems

From: <dave_romero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:19:19 GMT

Sorry for the beginer question, but I'm having a dickens of a time trying to login to sqlplus from the command line. When I try:

sqlplus OPS$USER/passwd

or

sqlplus OPS$USER/passwd_at_SID

I get the follwing error:

ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

However, when I just type sqlplus, and enter the user and password when prompted, everything works just fine. Is there something I'm neglecting to do? I can connect fine as system/manager with sqlplus system/manager.

If there are any ideas, please let men know.

-Dave Romero

http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 11:19:19 CST