Re: How do I interrupt a db-trigger???

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:42:37 GMT

A copy of this was sent to dan-erik.lindberg_at_systeam.se (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:20:23 GMT, you wrote:

>I have an insert-trigger in the database that
>has to abort the insertion if certain requirements
>are met.

raise_application_error( -20000, 'Error Message' );

will do it, or you can raise some named exception as well.

>All I found was RETURN(), and that doesn't work
>at all...
>
>HELP!!!
>If you know of the function or procedure or
>RAISE ..... that I need PLEASE mail me ASAP!
>
>Dan-Erik Lindberg
>Sweden

>where <dot> is replaced by .
>and <at> is replaced by @
>(spam filter)
>
>THANK YOU!!!

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 09:42:37 CST