Re: SQLLoad or IMP/EXP

From: RP Data Solutions <rpdata_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:05:32 GMT

Sql*Loader, using direct and unrecoverable is lightening fast, actually impressive.... imp has no chance of keeping up. However, it really depends what you are trying to do... writing scripts to take all the data out,taking the data out, and preparing control files, etc.,... can get quite time consuming, and perhaps not worth it... If you are trying to copy an entire database to another machine there are is a much quicker way besides imp and loader to accomplish this..e-mail me if that's what you're after...

Cheers

"Steve Bardsley" <steve.bardsley_at_mottmac.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know whether SQLLoad with "directloadpath" set is faster than
>IMP for moving large volumes of data between databases/machines?
>

>Steve

Robert Prendin
RP Data Solutions Inc.
Specializing in ORACLE DBA Support Services Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 06:05:32 CST