Re: Case insensitive query ?

From: RP Data Solutions <rpdata_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:50:43 GMT

use the upper function on the field name... example...

select * from dept where upper(dept_name) like 'X%'; or
select * from dept where upper(dept_name) like upper('x%');

you could also use a function called lower, same syntax....

Cheers, Robert

Karsten Violka <karsten_at_net-dept.de> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm using a Java-Frontend and oracles's JDBC thin driver. My problem is
>that all queries are casesensitive, when i select something LIKE 'x%', I
>don't get the records with a capital "X"....
>any suggestions ?
>
>have a nice day,
>
>Karsten.

#	RP Data Solutions Inc.
#	Specializing in ORACLE DBA Support Services
#       We offer 24HR remote DBA support!!!