Q: What is the fastes way to merge two tables?

From: <gilhirsch_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:40:40 GMT

Hi,

  I'm working with a large (10's of millions) indexed table, and I'm interested in loading new data to a temporary table, to avoid locking the large table (I'm using Direct Path loading). To keep up with the high rate of incoming records (~1000/sec), I need to use the fastest way for inserting the records from the temporary table to the larger one.

Your suggestions are more than welcome...

BTW, I'm working with 7.3.X.X

Thanx, Gil.