Listener quits when needed

From: Jens Schauder <Jens.Schauder_at_opal-edv.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:09:45 +0100

Hi
I've got a problem with the Orcale Listener:

After some time of proper work connections to our DB were refused with the ora-12203 Error (TNS:unable to connect to destination)

On the server (NT4.0) the listener process wasn't started so I started it manualy in the Windows Services dialog.

Testing the service with Net8 assistent delivered an error ora-12547 (TNS:lost contact) in the first try and ora-12224 (TNS:no listener) on any further try.

I found out that the service is started but goes down on the first try to connect to the database (after that it says could not shut down service since it wasn't started if I try to end it throug Windows systemcontrol)

Can anybody help me?
Please answer to Jens.Schauder_at_opal-edv.com since I'm not able to connect to the newsgroup on an regular basis.

Thanks

By the way is there an FAQ for this newsgroup? Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 05:09:45 CST