Re: Auto Start Oracle on HPUX

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:32:59 -0500

In article <362C3FFB.CCFE76C9_at_tat.dk>, jan_at_tat.dk says...
> Liz Reen wrote:
>
> > It takes more than this to start up Oracle at boot time. There is
> > an excellent example in the Oracle installation guide for HP-UX.
>
> Sorry to sort of 'drop in' in the middle of this thread. I'm sure there's
> already been given lots of good advices about this, so I won't repeat
> what has probably already been said.
>
> But you don't boot HP-UX that often? Last I worked with UNIX'es any
> bigger than my Linux at home, it wasn't booted more once or maybe
> twice a year, and always with a week's warning. I you really want to hear
> how I do it (in Linux), I use svrmgrl or sqldba (you have to call it via su,
> if my memory serves me, to run it from the Oracle user) - there's nothing
> to it, really.
>
> /jan

We boot some of our Unix systems on a weekly basis. Some of them keep going to they crash or we need to shutdown the datacenter for power problems. In any event I want an operator to be able to reboot the system and have oracle start up. I dislike having to dial in at whatever hour to restart something the machine should be smart enough to restart itself.

Liz
--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Tue Oct 27 1998 - 12:32:59 CST