Re: ORA Error 7429 ?

From: Rolf Hauck <Rolf.Hauck_at_datenrevision.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:45:10 +0100

07429, 00000, "smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment." // *Cause: a shared memory segment used for all part of the SGA could not be
// retrieved.
// *Action: Use the system error number in the error message to determine why
// the segment could not be retrieved. If it does not exists, shutdown

//          the database using the "abort" option, and then restart it.
//          If the get failed because the permissions are incorrect,
make sure
//          that the ownership of the oracle executable is the same as
that on
//          the shared memory segment.

Rolf