NLS Support In OAS 3.0 and above

From: <staylor_at_petrolsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 22:40:48 GMT

Hiya,

  I was hoping somebody could give me more information on NLS and support of it in Oracle Application Server 3.0 and above. I've been designing an internet application in PL/SQL, and we're interested in using it in other countries, such as Japan. I know that the server allows you to specify NLS settings in the cartridge setup (in admin server). The problem is that we want to have a single server that can serve multiple countries/languages. Is it possible to do NLS selection/translation per session, on the fly? Or will I need separate installations of OAS to do this?

     Also, I would appreciate any overall info on NLS, as I'm a little dim on the subject.

Scott Taylor
Petrolsoft Corporation