Re: Delete operation is very slow

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:34:54 -0600

just remember that truncate will also wipe out your storage for both the table and indexes.

Probably getting progressively slower because your indexes were never getting 'cleaned' up. Each time you deleted all the rows, then re-inserted them, you were not re-using index storage. They are probably in need of a rebuild from scratch anyway.

-Kevin

--

remove the x for an email reply
krines_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7118s6$eua$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hi,
>
>we have oracle version 7.3 and have a problem with the delete operation.
Every