Re: Redo Log problem

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:00:34 -0600

I have been running 2GB redo logs ( only 2 of them ) on a development instance for performance boost for long running, heavy insert/update transactions. Before going to 512M, then 1024M, then 1500M and finally 2GB, performance was good. But with the 2GB logs, this instance is a screamer. At the peak of activity, this thing will still switch logs ( and checkpoint ) about once every 10 minutes. The 100 fold ( or so ) increase in performance over a 105MB log size was certainly worth whatever trade-off I incurred.

As for recovery, if this thing were to fail during this processing, I'd have much larger problems to deal with.

-Kevin

--

remove the x for an email reply