archive log question?

From: dennis liu <dliu_at_neostrata.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1998 15:48:19 GMT

I have some questions about Oracle archive log, hope someone can help me Thanks in advance!

1)how can I decide if a database uses archive log mode? I need a way to get this info from system table/view instead of using server manager.

2)the destination directory for archive log files containing a environment variable %RDBMS73%. how can I get its real value? the program is not on the server machine so I can't get it from operating system. Is there somewhere Oracle stores the environment variable values?!

dennis Received on Mon Oct 26 1998 - 09:48:19 CST