Listner Problems (tcp)

From: Dave Bevan <dave_at_verdant.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:45:30 GMT

My listener seems a bit hard of hearing !

Running workgroup server 7.3 on a SCO OS5 server, it will start up fine, and allow connections from client PCs running Windows 95.

However, after a little while, the message 'End of file on communication channel' comes up if you try to connect.

Running lsntrctl and doing a status, it looks like everything is OK, however, in order to connect, I have to stop the listener and start it again. Then everything is fine until the next time it gives a rude message, which can be enything from 10 minutes to 3 hours.

Any suggestions on what is happening would be most appreciated.

thanks.

--
Dave Bevan
School Improvement Unit