Re: Student asks about SQL*NET

From: Bob Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/10/25

If you can ping the server you should be able to use SQL*Net across the Internet. The only problem will be with a firewall. Typically SQL*Net likes to use port 1521. I would also recommend using a fixed IP address in your listener.ora. You'll have to check with the network gurus at both ends if you can access that port.

--Bob.