BUG IN ORACLE EXP80 FOR EXPORTING A DUMP FILE ?

From: JDE <tanx2_at_writeme.com>
Date: 1998/10/25

Hello !

I want to export a dmp file of an Oracle 8.0.0.4 DB, in order to run it on a Personal Oracle 8.0.

So I use the exp80 program to do it, as I did with exp70 and Oracle 7.3. But the result file couldn't be loaded in PO because of some strange SQL lines added in the resulting dmp file.

    I noticed that for tables comprising initial values, the import failed
due to a extra-line not recognized by PO. I had to strip them with a hex editor ... quite easy ... And I'm suprised to see that in system table sys.user_tablespaces, some of my tablespaces where 'INVALID' instead of 'ONLINE'.

So I wonder if it's possible to do a clean export file with Oracle 8.0.0.4,
or if I must wait for a next release or a patch ? Strange for that company
to follow the Microsoft-way-of-programming ...

                Hope to read a positive answer soon !

                JDE
                mailto:tanx2_at_writeme.com