Re: Location of redo logs

From: <Clive>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 08:03:58 GMT

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 13:15:15 -0400, "Zachary Agatstein" <Zachary.Agatstein_at_atsc.allied.com> wrote:

>A newbie question:
>If I don't have a LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter specified in my initxxx.ora
>file, how do I find out where these redo logs reside?
>
>Thanks
>
>Zach

You need to be sure which log files your'e talking about. The on-line redo logs (which must exist for the database to work at all), or the archived logs, which only exist if the database is running in archivelog mode (this enables you to recover from media failure).

As satar says, use the V$LOGFILE view logged in as a DBA or connect internal to get the online redo logs. To find out whether you are in archivelog mode and where the destination of the archived logs is go into server manager, connect internal, and enter the command as satar said in his other post "archive log list".

Regards,

Clive.
--
Clive Bostock Received on Sun Oct 25 1998 - 02:03:58 CST