Re: java in Oracle

From: Thor <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:14:04 -0700

The ability to run JAVA in the rdbms is in 8.1 (first available release 8.1.4). So to do this right now you'd need to call you JAVA code via the external api, or via the icx to OAS. If you can migrate from 8.0.x, and don't mind a small wait for production ... then getting a prerelase of 8.1.4 would be my suggestion.

Thor HW