Re: EXP ....FILE=(pipe to compress)

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:53:22 GMT

Previous answers are true - I always run the compress as the background process, there's less to go wrong with it.

HOWEVER... test this (will the import work?) before you rely on it. For instance, it does not work on some versions of Sequent Dynix (I can't remember which), as the (uncompressed via pipe) file looks wrong to import.

Also Oracle support won't help you as they can (probably correctly) blame it on the compression program.

E.