Re: Multiple Oracle Instances

From: Bill Despeaux <wjd_at_erols.com>
Date: 24 Oct 1998 04:26:47 GMT

You shouldn't have any problems from the hardware. We have about 25 HPs (various models) and run multiple instances on all of them. One server has over 20. The most important thing is to make sure you have a current release of the OS (like 10.20 - no real value in going to 11 yet unless using 64bit) and that you have all the patches you need before starting.

jsenarat_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <70qbs6$mep$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> Has any one heard of any issues in running 3 Oracle instances on 1
HP9000/T600