Re: Oracle 8.05 /HP-UX 11 Install Error.

From: <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:20:41 GMT

Couple of ideas/questions:
1-Are you upgrading an older database? If yes, does it have the same name?   If this is the case, you need to migrate the database to the new format instead of just putting in a new database.

2-If you are running the installer an nth time (say you ran out of space the first time or whatever), it got far enough to create some files in$ORACLE_HOME/dbs, such as the xxx.BSQ, so it thinks it exists. Blow away everthing in $ORACLE_HOME and start again.