Re: Transfering a long raw column to a long raw column...

From: Waterman Family <waterman_at_iwaynet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:58:08 -0400

Oracle does not allow this type of insert with long columns. There are some new PL/SQL procedures designed to move raw data, but I have not tried them. The only way my company got around this was to write a client application in Visual Basic (could be anything) that used getchunk and appendchunk to transfer the long raw data. It was not real fast, but it worked.

    --Gary Waterman