Record locking in Oracle

From: Mahantesh Nashi <mahan_at_mobinfo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:15:41 -0700

Hi everybody,

We want to know if there is any equivalent of 'SET LOCK MODE TO <no of seconds>' statement in Oracle. The SET LOCK .. statement is available in Informix. It allows the user to specify num ber of seconds to wait to acquire the lock. If the process couldn't get the lock in the specified time, then the server gives an error. User can trap this error and proceed to do whatever he wants to do.

We have Oracle workgroup server. When we contacted Oracle, they said there is no such feature in Oracle work group server. However there is a way in Oracle Enterprise server by using 'DISTRIBUTED_LOCK_TIMEOUT'.

Could anybody clarify this?

Thanks,
Mahathesh Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 12:15:41 CDT