Re: Oracle Migration Workbench....SQLServer 6.5 > Oracle 8..

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babettet_at_you.cant.spam.me>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:36:52 GMT

Tim Jones wrote in message <362F4E6A.576F_at_gate.net>...
>Problem:
> Trying to run Oracle Migration Workbench (to convert MS
>SqlServer 6.5 to
> Oracle 8.0 database.) Get the Oracle Migration Workbench Logn screen.
>Enter a
> username, password and service in and press OK.
> Error dialog is displayed saying: java.exe - Unable to Locate DLL
>
>The dynamic link library ORA805.dll could not be found in the spicified
>path...
>
>I have installed Personal Oracle 8 and the Migration Workbench. The
>specified d
>ll is not located anywhere on my harddrive. Have I not installed
>something.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Palmiero (jpalmiero_at_romac.com)

I got an error similar to this (java.exe dll missing) when I tried to run Database Assistant on NT.

The problem?

Believe it or not, it was a missing video driver!!! Apparently, everything worked fine for NT, SQL*Plus, etc. EXCEPT for this single product.

Hope this helps....
Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me) Received on Fri Oct 23 1998 - 09:36:52 CDT