Unable to Create INITIAL extent for segment in TABLESPACE

From: Margaret Peacock <peacockm_at_nt.com>
Date: 22 Oct 1998 20:33:36 GMT

I just did a large amount of updates on my database. I am now getting the error

Unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace SMPTBS

What does this mean? I tried to do an alter database to increase the size of the extents for the tablespace, but that doesn't work (and isn't the initial extent set once and used once?) Now certain quieries are erroring. Please send advice as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

-Margaret

Margaret Peacock        ESN: 655-8559
Intranet Web Master     EXTERNAL: (408) 565-8559
Nortel - Mission Park peacockm_at_nt.com