Using SQL*loader to load comma delimited data

From: <sanjayraj6844_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:43:04 GMT

I Need urgent help in using SQL*Loader to load data into a table. I have a comma delimited file ( having approximately 1 million records). Some data in Some of the fields have a comma as data. For Example: A record( 9 fields) is like

-1001652147,Farm, A - Pvt Organization,415 DEER AVENUE,,MANHATTAN
BEACH,90254,CA,9871111111,Pvt Org

Here "Farm, A - Pvt Practice" is a single field but has a comma(,) as data

My control file looks like

load data
infile "/home/rajs/npecmap.dat"
into table NPECMAP1
fields terminated by ','
(field1,field2,field3,.....,field9)

I can use another delimiter but I want to know how it can be done even with comma (,) as a delimiter.

Thanks in advance

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 12:43:04 CDT