Re: Oracle for Multi-Processor

From: simone griffin <simonemg_at_online.no>
Date: 22 Oct 1998 17:41:34 GMT

Hi Andrew.

You need to install the Oracle Paralell Querry Option. Then you are able to manipulate querry's vai hints, or to ALTER TABLE ..... ( i don't remeber, but you find it in the Oracle docs).

To be able to paralize a querry, you have to do a full table scan, that is now using of index.

Hope this is of any help Andrew.

Best regards

Andrew Liu <andrew_at_pisces.taiwan.hp.com> wrote in article <70m2to$40$1_at_ocean.cup.hp.com>...