Re: retreiving the "next" record using SQL

From: Jason Jay Weiland <archduke_at_uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:59:27 -0700

O,

     Try this one:

  SELECT *
    FROM tablename
   WHERE TO_CHAR(column1) || column2 >= 'presetvalue' ORDER BY TO_CHAR(column1) || column2

You can also change the ordering to whatever you need. I am assuming that you are providing a concatinated string for the presetvalue. If not, you will need to change the first preset value: TO_CHAR(presetvalue1) || 'presetvalue2'

Jay!!!