Re: How do I move a tablespace from disk to disk on NT

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:45:22 GMT

I'm not sure about NT, but on AIX you would do something like this:

alter tablespace <ts_name> offline;

then from the OS, copy the datafiles from disk1 to disk2

then alter tablespace <ts_name>

    rename datafile 'old_datafile_name' to 'new_datafile_name';

be sure to use full path names for the old and new datafiles

next issue a recover tablespace <ts_name> then alter tablespace <ts_name> online;

Hope This Helps...