Need info on Unix over NT for Oracle 8

From: <kgrigg_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:43:21 GMT

Hello all, Well, it looks like we have a chance to try to convince the powers to be that we need to use a Unix platform for our Oracle 8 databases instead of NT. If you could point me to some documentation, stats, etc. I'd certainly appreciate it. If you have some personal experience and opinions between the two platforms, please send that to me too. I need to compile this info to present our case. Our databases (2 boxes, 2 databases) will each hold at a minimum 50 gigs...I see this growing quickly too!

Also, is there a preference on Unix boxes? (Sun, Digital...etc.) Is there a preference on what flavor of unix to use?

Thanks in advance!!

Kelly

kgrigg_at_diamonddata.com