ORA-01608 rollbacks are gone !!!

From: Jan Kopinec <kopinec_at_ips-ag.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:28:49 +0200

ORA-01608 rollbacks are gone !!!

Dear gentlemen,

does anybody have an idea about our hard problem with the ORACLE7 Workgroup
Server on Windows NT: we are periodically (once or twice a month) getting the following hard error: database files containing
rollback segments are damaged, there
is comming the error message ORA-01608 and also sometime the tablespaces self
containing *even* the productive data
are damaged by the same way (ORACLE message: tablespace needs recovery).

Detail information:
- it does not matter if we use the ORACLE
Workgroup Server 7.3.2 or 7.3.3
- our database is rather small (0.5GB)

If you could have an idea, please let me know.

Yours Sincerely

Jan Kopinec
kopinec_at_ips-ag.ch Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 09:28:49 CDT