problem with utl_file : lines longer than 2000 char not supported!!

From: Bram Stieperaere <bse_at_NO_SPAMsodexho-pass.be>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:58:16 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to import a file with utl_file from within PL/SQL (Oracle 7.3) The problem is that lines can be up to 2048 characters long and the buffer parameter of utl_file.get_line is a varchar2, limited to 2000 characters.

There is no way for me to alter the input file. I searched for a way to import the file in a (long) raw, but as far as I know no function exists to import a file directly into a blob field from within PL/SQL.

Does anyone have experience with this?

TIA Bram Stieperaere Received on Thu Oct 22 1998 - 08:58:16 CDT