Disaster O7.1.3 NT Restoring pl. help

From: <sminni_at_giascl01.vsnl.net.in>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:56:39 GMT

Horror Story, Please Help !!!

Hi,
Using Oracle workgroup server 7.1.3 on NT

Because of certain problems we restored from backup. We chose to restore using the option

  restore control file then recover

because the restore from full backup was not showing any backup lists in the drop down

On restoring we find that all along the backups were only partial. i.e. although we used to take Full Offline backup (noarchivelog) but actually only some of the datafiles used to be backed up.

Three datafiles added recently as a consequence of database expansion were Never backed Up!

Now the database directory contained all the datafiles restored from the last backup set plus the last version of these three files. The control file shows correctly all the datafiles but on trying to open the database we get the error message

ORA-01152 : File <one_of_the_three_files_not_backed_up> was not resored from a sufficiently old backup. ( this is because the file is a leftover as last before initiation the restore)

We want to get the database up somehow so that we can at leat extract some data

Please assist

TIA
pl. send a copy directly to sminni_at_giascl01.vsnl.net.in