Re: Querying index values

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: 1998/10/21

I understand that if you initiate a query and Oracle can get all it needs from using a suitable index it will do so and not have to hit the actual table itself at all. A good tuning technique this one.

I'm not sure you can actually pull the ROWID of the record from the index though. Unless anyone knows different?

--
Alan D. Mills

<362cf520.859668708_at_netnews.worldnet.att.net>...