Re: Date Time Format and milliseconds

From: <nasof_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 00:28:56 GMT

If you have milliseconds and want to simply store them, then use an additional field (like MILLISECONDS NUMBER(3,0)).

If you want Oracle to tell you milliseconds then you can use the following function below (included in %ORACLE_HOME%/rdbms80/admin/DBMSUTIL.SQL):

function get_time return number;

I think you can only use this to compare to points in time and find out the millisecond difference, but you may find other uses...

-Frank