Re: Bug in V$SQl view?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 21:41:15 GMT

Look at v$fixed_view_definitions to track back to the underlying x$tables. Off the top of my head v$sql is a simple select off x$kglob (the x$kglcursor variant) whilst v$sqlarea is an aggregated (i.e. sum() group by) select on the same structure.

Jonathan lewis

satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article
<70lhke$pta$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> I did a select count(*) on v$sql and v$sqlarea, with two different
results. I
> think its due to our lack of understanding of these two
views/tables that