Licensing

From: Michael Reeves <mreeves_at_yourcall.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:55:00 -0500

We are looking to web-enable part of our reservations system. We have had some consultants review our requirements and they are suggesting Oracle's web server. They have indicated that the software piece would cost around $1,900.00 based on a 20 user license.

We have had some other consultants on site reviewing some of our other software issues, and they have said that this price can not be right. They said that they had a similiar client that when they priced Oracle's web server, it raised their licensing costs from $60k to $600k.

We are running Oracle 8.0.5. on MS Windows NT 4.0. Is anyone running Oracle's web server and if so, which figure sounds more credible to you? Are there any other items to watch out for?

Thanks for your help.

Michael Reeves Received on Wed Oct 21 1998 - 10:55:00 CDT