getting global_name at SQL*Plus prompt

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:37:32 -0400

I'm interested in getting the instance and schema name to appear an a SQL*Plus prompt. I've received a number of methods to do this, all which work upon the first login, which uses the login.sql script. Problem is... if I reconnect from SQL*Plus like
conn scott/tiger_at_somewhereelse
the prompt will maintain the old information. Does anyone know a way around this?
Thanks in advance,

Doug Cowles. Received on Wed Oct 21 1998 - 05:37:32 CDT