Re: foreign key!!!

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:07:26 GMT

It's because your users don't have the right object privilege of creating a foriegn key. Here is the command that will solve your problem:

GRANT REFERENCES ON "ADT"."PRZSYS" TO "LAB"; Or is it the other way around? Anyway this is the key to solving this step of creating a Foriegn key in another person's schema.

Good Luck,
Satar
In article <362D0234.3896884E_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>,   Roman Nowak <robonet_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl> wrote:
> The problem...
>
> I have two user LAB and ADT (both have all privileges),
> and I have to tables PRZSYS (owner is ADT), ZLEC_DOWYK(owner is LAB)
>
> In sqlplus command:
>
> ALTER TABLE LAB.ZLEC_DOWYK ADD (
> CONSTRAINT ZLEC1_PRZSYS_FK3
> FOREIGN KEY (ID_PACJENTA)
> REFERENCES ADT.PRZSYS (
> IDENTYFIKATOR)
> )
> /
> return error :
>
> id_pacjenta,constraint ala foreign key (id_pacjenta) references
> adt.przsys(identyfikator),
>
> *
> ORA-00942 table or view does not exist
>
> What does this mean??? I have all privileges.
>
> Thanks for response.
> Politechnika Slaska Technical Univeristy of Gliwice
>
> student informatyki: Roman Nowak
> Home phone: +48 (32) 67-41-614
>
> E-mail: robonet_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl
> roman_at_dumb.iinf.polsl.gliwice.pl
>
> WWW: http:\\dumb.iinf.polsl.gliwice.pl\~roman
> http:\\www.zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl\~robonet
> http:\\www.roman.ondraszek.ds.polsl.gliwice.pl (czasem dziala)