How to show BLOB data?

From: Raj Vuchatu <raj.vuchatu_at_gtri.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:05:52 -0400

I am storing picture/image in a Long Raw(BLOB) column in Oracle 7.3.4. I use OWAS3.0 and develop DB applications on the web using the PL/SQL cartridge.

I would like to retreive and show the pictures/images stored as a BLOB on to the web page using the PL/SQL cartridge. Is this possible using Oracle 7.3.4. ? If so, how to do it?

For NON-OWAS users, how can I get all the information from Long Raw column and into a PL/SQL variable.
Can I open a file and write binary data using PL/SQL packages? How can I display the pictures/images stored as a BLOB using PL/SQL?

Any help would be appreciated,
Raj Received on Wed Oct 21 1998 - 10:05:52 CDT