Re: Vb calling Oracle db procedures

From: Hugh Pendry <hpendry_at_trinitech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:07:06 +0100

Hi chris

I am having a similar problem calling an oracle stored function from vb to return a result set.

The syntax for calling a stored function is:-

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim db As New rdoConnection
Dim qd As rdoQuery
Dim sql As String

    db.Connect = "DSN=myDSN"
    db.EstablishConnection

    sql = "{ ? = Call optionalPackageName.funcName(?, ?, ?) }"

    Set qd = db.CreateQuery("myQry", sql)

    qd.rdoParameters(0).Direction = rdParamReturnValue

    qd(1) = "Val1"
    qd(2) = 2
    qd(3) = 10.738

    qd.Execute
    Debug.Print "Result is: " & CStr(qd(0)) End Sub

If you have any luck with an oracle stored function returning a result set please let me know.

thanks
hugh